Personal finance

Personal finance: Five sections that yield you tax benefits

rich text with image

“Self-employed professionals, member of HUF [Hindu Undivided Family], or salaried individuals not in receipt of HRA are eligible to claim deduction under section 80GG for the rent paid for house property. No rent payment proofs are required to be submitted to employer or any other person to claim such deduction of 60,000 every year under Section 80GG.”

Akhil Chandna
Associate Partner, Grant Thornton Bharat