Tapping into the burgeoning BFSI market See Overview
The Consumer & Retail sector is growing rapidly and is extremely dynamic. Due to constant disruption, managing business has become complicated and cumbersome. See Overview
Our healthcare and life sciences advisory team brings together a combined experience of over 50 years to help businesses navigate through changes, new... See Overview
At Grant Thornton in India, our automotive team works with a wide variety of clients to help them achieve their goals and increase shareholder wealth. Our... See Overview
M&E practice encompasses team of dynamic professionals with deep technical knowledge and extensive experience of working across segments say television, print,... See Overview
Tailored service offerings to Not for Profit organisations and CSR compliance services for dynamic businesses See Overview
At Grant Thornton, we assist dynamic Indian businesses in the Real Estate & Construction sector throughout their business life cycle by offering robust... See Overview
Invasive and migratory pests cause enormous and often irreversible damage to biodiversity around the world by displacing native and useful species and changing ecosystems. This report carries in-depth research and empirical data on the economic impact, prevention and policy framing on strategic response to invasive and migratory pests.
- Migratory Invasive and destructive pest and weed species threaten the eco system leading to lost production and huge mitigation costs.
- India already experienced ten major attacks on crops by related locusts, moths and worms.
- Limitations in quarantine, and plant and weed import restrictions.
- Stringent entry-port monitoring and quarantine facilities, pest management through chemicals, biological controls, sterile insects, global intelligence systems, perhaps use of typically banned pesticides, and apt exclusive policy required.
- A Stewardship Council or Task Force to be constituted involving all stakeholders.
Strategic response to invasive and migratory pests – the emerging global pandemic
An in-depth research and empirical data on the economic impact, prevention and policy framing on strategic response to invasive and migratory pests.