The National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 is one of the initiatives by the Government of India towards achieving SDG #4 of the 2030 agenda for sustainable development that seeks to “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all” by 2030.
Highlights of NEP 2020
- Foreign Higher Education Institutions permitted to operate in India
- Increased focus on accessibility of high quality education
- Reforms in education structure for Early Childhood Care and Education and secondary education, including higher education
- Overhaul of higher education regulatory bodies
Here’s how Grant Thornton can help global education institutions and interested corporates navigate business opportunities post NEP-2020
- Market assessment: Understand requirements, evaluate regulatory policies and incentives, etc.
- India entry assessment: Optimal entry route, investment structure, go-to-market strategy, location assessment, etc.
- Compliance: Legal entity formation, partner search, tax structuring, etc.
- Implementation of action plans