As this year’s festive season inches closer, there has been active engagement by consumers and an uptick in the demand for passenger vehicles, with preference leaning towards SUVs and hybrid models, according to Grant Thornton Bharat’s Auto survey.
Key highlights from the survey
- Increased affinity towards EVs and hybrid vehicles
- Growing customer affinity towards interiors/features and premium models
- 90% of the consumers expect a festive discount
- Car dealerships remain the most preferred way to purchase a vehicle (indicated by 88% of respondents)
- Social media promotions remain the main source of information regarding new product launches (49%), followed by print / digital ads (25%)
- 58% of respondents plan to finance their purchase with a mix of loan and self-funding