The Companies Act, 2013 (‘2013 Act’) has undergone quite a few changes since it was first enacted, through rules, orders, circulars and amendments.
The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017 has introduced significant amendments to the 2013 Act guided by the following broad objectives:
- Rationalising undue stringent compliance requirements
- Facilitating ease of doing business for companies, including start-ups
- Harmonisation of provisions with accounting standards and other legislations
- Rectifying omissions and inconsistencies within the 2013 Act
- Amending certain provisions relating NCLT and NCLAT
We are pleased to present this publication which gives an overview of the key amendments proposed by the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017 and our views on the implications.
We hope you will find this publication useful and look forward to your feedback.