With the enactment of the Companies Act, 2013 (2013 Act), there is an increased focus on better governance of Not for Profit Organisations (NPOs). At Grant Thornton, our aim is to help organisations in the Indian charity and not-for-profit sector build capacity and improve their governance framework.
Our clients include some of the most admired NPOs in India. Our professionals have extensive experience of working with foreign donors and cover over 500 NPOs a year across the country.
Our dedicated Not For Profit group offers tailored solutions
- Assurance (including Project Audits, Budget Reviews, State Office and Partner Audits)
- Risk Management (including Fraud Risk)
- Standard Operating Procedures & MIS Reporting
- Pre and Post Procurement Reviews
- Accompaniment Support & Training
Global Insights (Grant Thornton UK – Growing Communities – Charity Social Media Report; Grant Thornton UK – Navigating a changing world – Charity Governance Review; Grant Thornton US – State of the Not For Profit Sector 2015)
We also assist companies and foundations to meet their obligations as per the the 2013 Act and CSR Rules. We help:
- Design CSR framework in line with CSR policy.
- Conduct stakeholders’ consultation sessions for identifying CSR projects aligned with Schedule VII of the 2013 Act
- Prepare and support the organisation’s action plan on implementation of CSR programmes