Grant Thornton in India is collaborating with the industry body FICCI and Khaitan & Co to organise a conference which presents an opportunity to compare the real-estate rules of various states and Union Territories (UT).
The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 (RERA) which was notified last year is now seen as one of the most significant reforms for the real estate sector. It has the ability to completely change the image of the sector in coming. As the Act would commence its complete operation from 01 May 2017, all states and union territories (UTs) are required to notify real estate rules including the general rules and the agreement for sale rules and establish a real estate regulatory authority and an appellate tribunal by 30 April 2017.
While some states and UTs have either notified or drafted the rules, some others are yet to frame their own rules.
Key highlights of the event:
- A powerful panel discussion on RERA rules with the State Regulators and Developers.
- An interactive panel discussion on Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS).
- Presentation on the impact of the proposed Goods and Services Tax (GST) on real estate sector
To view and download programme agenda, click here
Who should attend
- Central and state Government officials
- Development authorities
- Banks and financial institutions
- Asset management companies
- Real estate industry bodies
- Real estate investors including funds (private equity; sovereign funds; pension funds)
- Investment boards
- Intellectual property consultants (IPCs)
- Law firms
- Architects, designers and urban planners
- Real estate agents and brokers
Date & Time
Date: Thursday, 04 May 2017
Time: 09:30 – 16:00 Hrs
- Federation House, FICCI,
- New Delh