The Indian auto industry has been witnessing testing times over the past few years, and the COVID-19 pandemic has proven to be a litmus test. The industry has attempted to use this time to introspect; some have even tried to use this as an opportunity to reskill staff, restrategise and evaluate new technology.
As the world seeks to hedge its supply chain risks and find newer geographies to set up manufacturing units, India presents a unique opportunity. This document, a collaboration between ACMA and Grant Thornton in India, explores India’s potential and lists some thought-provoking ideas that the Indian industry can leverage. In this edition, we have covered:
- New markets to tap into and products to explore
- Interventions required to improve global competitiveness
- India and its global competitors
- An analysis of India's exports
- Key global import trends
- Challenges faced by the auto components industry