Tapping into the burgeoning BFSI market See Overview
The Consumer & Retail sector is growing rapidly and is extremely dynamic. Due to constant disruption, managing business has become complicated and cumbersome. See Overview
Our healthcare and life sciences advisory team brings together a combined experience of over 50 years to help businesses navigate through changes, new... See Overview
At Grant Thornton in India, our automotive team works with a wide variety of clients to help them achieve their goals and increase shareholder wealth. Our... See Overview
M&E practice encompasses team of dynamic professionals with deep technical knowledge and extensive experience of working across segments say television, print,... See Overview
Tailored service offerings to Not for Profit organisations and CSR compliance services for dynamic businesses See Overview
At Grant Thornton, we assist dynamic Indian businesses in the Real Estate & Construction sector throughout their business life cycle by offering robust... See Overview
Grant Thornton Bharat presents the latest edition of the Monthly GAAP Bulletin that summarises significant accounting, auditing and regulatory updates. This publication has been compiled to meet the needs of dynamic Indian businesses and focuses on key developments in India and across the globe.
This edition covers updates for the month of September 2020.
We hope you find this bulletin informative and useful.
Quick snapshot of some key updates
India updates - Effective
Companies Act updates
- Companies (Amendment) Act, 2020
- Extension and relaxations of timelines granted by the MCA under various Acts/Schemes
- Suspension of initiation of corporate insolvency resolution process until 31 December 2020
- SEBI amends ICDR regulations in order to rationalise eligibility criteria and disclosure requirements for rights issues
Other regulatory updates
- Deferment of provisions of Basel III framework
- Long Form Audit Report
- Resolution framework for COVID 19 related stress financial parameters
- Code on Social Security, 2020
India updates – Proposed
- Exposure draft on Forensic Accounting and Investigation Standards
- Exposure draft on Standard on Assurance Engagements 3410: Assurance Engagement on Greenhouse Gas Statements
International updates - Effective
- Interest Rate Benchmark Reform – Phase 2 (Amendments to IFRS 9, IAS 39, IFRS 7, IFRS 4 and IFRS 16)
- Non-Authoritative Support Materials: Using automated tools and techniques in performing audit procedures
- ISA 540 (Revised) Implementation: Illustrative examples for auditing expected credit loss accounting
Download full report
Download PDF [2336 kb]
Also appears under...