Grant Thornton in India presents the latest edition of the Monthly GAAP Bulletin that summarises significant accounting, auditing and regulatory updates. This publication has been compiled to meet the needs of dynamic Indian businesses and focuses on key developments in India and across the globe.
This edition covers updates for the month of July 2020.
We hope you find this bulletin informative and useful.
Quick snapshot of some key updates
India updates – Effective
- Companies (Indian Accounting Standards) Amendment Rules, 2020
- Guidance Note on CARO 2020
Companies Act updates
- Technical Guide on Accounting for Expenditure on Corporate Social Responsibility Activities and withdrawal of Guidance Note
- Extension of time for submission of financial results
- Relaxation for issuers of NCDs/NCRPs/CPs
- Clarification on applicability of regulation 40(1) of SEBI LODR Regulations to open offer, buyback and delisting of securities of listed entities
Other regulatory updates
- Exemption from registration as NBFC – alternative investment fund
India updates – Proposed
- Exposure draft of Guidance Note on Revenue from Operations in case of Contractor
International updates – Effective
- Deferment of effective date of amendments to IAS 1