In today's interconnected world, businesses are leveraging the diverse skill sets of their global workforce by offering secondment opportunities. As organisations seamlessly deploy talent across borders to meet dynamic market demands, a complex web of tax implications has emerged, posing significant challenges for both employers and employees.
Grant Thornton Bharat is organising a webinar to unravel the intricacies surrounding secondment issues, focusing on indirect tax, as well as key direct tax and transfer pricing aspects.
Key discussion points:
- Relevant provisions and critical factors determining the taxability of secondment arrangement under indirect tax
- Impact of Supreme Court’s decision in the case of Northern Operating System under Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Disputes revolving around the valuation of supply and input tax credit eligibility
- Interplay between direct and indirect tax implications
- Overview of transfer pricing challenges
- Tax and social security impact on the seconded employees
Partner, Indirect Tax
Partner, Indirect tax
Partner, Global Mobility Services