Grant Thornton Bharat launched the eighth edition of India meets Britain tracker on 22 April 2021, developed in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry, identifying the relationship and impact of the Indian-owned companies in the UK.
The report identified the contribution that Indian companies made to the UK economy. The launch event witnessed our special guests sharing insights on the latest trends in Indian investment in the UK, as well as discussing the future business relationship, evolving scale and strategic performances of Indian-owned companies making the biggest mark in the country. The tracker established key findings highlighting the positive relationship of the countries and extensive scope for future collaboration
Key highlights of the report
- 850 Indian companies in the UK generate revenue worth 50.8 bn pounds, employing over 116,046 people
- 49 companies of 850 have revenue growth of at least 10% with a combined turnover of 2.6 bn pounds.
- 53% of the 49 fastest growing Indian companies have a woman director
- 20 of the 49 tracked companies are in technology and telecoms, making it the eight year in a row when the sector has dominated the tracker
- London remains the preferred location for Indian companies, but south is also fast becoming a popular region for businesses.
During our online event, the report was discussed by our distinguished panel of guests:
- Lord Gerry Grimstone, Minister for Investment at Department for International Trade and Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Ms. Gaitri Issar Kumar, High Commissioner of India to the UK
- Mr. Chandrajit Banerjee, Director General, Confederation of Indian industry
- Amit Kapur, Head UK & Ireland, Tata Consultancy Service
- Jai Shroff, Global CEO, UPL Limited
Click here to download the report
Date & Time
Date: Thursday, 22 April, 2021
Time: 03:30 - 04:30 pm IST | 11:00 - 12:00 PM BST