- India, with its continuous growth rates, is one of the largest future markets in the world. The aspiring country has significant economic potential.
- Germany's central location, its good networking and excellent infrastructure provide an ideal platform for foreign investors for developing relations with Europe.
India’s area and population offers German companies the vibrance, connectivity, resources and critical mass available to accelerate and support international growth. The ever-growing demand for qualified specialists in Germany, a strong trend, is complemented and well supported by the large pool of experienced professionals, young talent and widespread English-speaking population in India. Such factors, amongst others, have led to German companies steadily increasing their investments in India in recent years.
Simultaneously, over the last decade, India has also been increasingly looking outward, a trend expected to continue in future. Indian companies are developing new markets through trade, alliances, expansion and business acquisitions. In parallel private individuals and family offices are progressively regarding foreign countries as attractive destinations for their portfolio investments. Germany’s political and economic stability, technological leadership and high degree of public security makes it’s an exceptionally attractive investment destination to service these needs Indian companies.
Germany's position as India's largest business partner in the European Union outside the United Kingdom and the potential effects of Brexit on trade, immigration and cooperation in general are a good foundation for optimising the cooperation of the two countries in the future. As a matter of fact, both markets offer vast cohesive opportunities for foreign investors, even more so as the political leadership in both countries encourages reciprocal trade. This potential is waiting to be utilised.
One of the main challenges of German-Indian economic cooperation has however been the cultural differences between the two countries. It is important to operate confidently in the legal and administrative systems and to develop sensitivity towards customary business practices.
Your contact persons
About 1,500 colleagues at 11 German locations and more than 4,500 in 15 locations and 13 cities in India are at your service at any time in order to lead your business activities to success. Akshay Deshraj, head of our India Desk, is the contact person based on his strong cultural and professional background.
Our integrated solutions
- Audit of consolidated and annual financial statements
- Audit, review and preparation of reporting packages
- Tax advisory and reporting
- Financial, tax and commercial due diligence
- M&A and Private Equity advisory
- Restructuring and re-organisation
- Market entry strategies
- Family Office and Privately Held Business advisory
- Start-up consulting