- Changing regulatory landscape
Grant Thornton’s network of tax experts offers a comprehensive blend of tax advisory, tax litigation, regulatory and compliance services.
Grant Thornton offers a bouquet of fully integrated tax services. Our wide-ranging experience and in-depth knowledge combined with our insight and innovation from multiple disciplines helps dynamic businesses excel globally.
With the increasing ease of doing business in India, investors are highly optimistic about making investments in the country. Our team of experts assists businesses on various tax matters at every stage of the business lifecycle, thereby enabling them to explore and make the most out of the opportunities.
Direct Tax Servicesriaz.firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrepreneurs planning to grow their businesses and those having global presence, come across various complex issues pertaining to merger and acquisition tax and international tax, which require attention from dedicated and experienced professionals. Grant Thornton also advises clients on how to effectively navigate the myriad of tax, accounting, legal and regulatory issues in cross-border transactions to help manage compliance risks and potentially enhance returns.
Our specialist teams provide a holistic and the most tax-effective services to large multinational companies, mid-size businesses, high net worth individuals and entrepreneurs looking to grow their business.
By seamlessly combining the reach and depth of the large firms with personal attention, value for money focus and relationship approach of the smaller firms, we ensure that our clients receive best-in-class quality service and responsiveness to manage their tax issues in a sound manner.
Our goal is to minimise your business and personal tax exposure by means of legitimate planning and keeping you aware of the changing requirements of the taxation system in the country and abroad.
Whether you are growing or just starting out, we can offer the holistic tax advice you need.
Our Regulatory Services practice deploys our experience in varied areas such as Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) policy, exchange control regulations, export import regulations, and Overseas Direct Investment (ODI) regulations. Our team of regulatory professionals possesses high integrity and technical capability.
Our services include the following:
- Structuring advise for transactions / investments / business models and capital markets transactions in view of Indian regulatory framework
- Advice on regulatory environment impacting client's business
- Review/ drafting of documentation from regulatory standpoint
- Representations before government authorities and assistance in obtaining regulatory approvals/ clarifications from various regulatory authorities
- Regulatory investigations through Regulatory Compliance / Health Check Review and assistance in compounding & similar proceedings with various regulators
With the economy on a rebound, several multi-national companies have started investing extensively in India and in Indian multi-nationals. This growth has increased the inbound and the outbound mobility of employees. One of the most serious challenges faced by companies today is employee compensation structuring and its tax compliance.
At Grant Thornton we provide a holistic tax advice concerning:
- International employee assignment management
- Employee compensation structuring
- Employee tax and statutory compliance assistance
- Employee incentives (including equity incentive/share plan)
Grant Thornton has a highly experienced team of corporate tax professionals to deal with an ever continuing and increasingly complex body of tax legislation. Tax planning plays an important part and our primary objective is to help mitigate the burden of taxation within the confines of the law.
Our experience with a broad spectrum of national and transnational clients, engaged in different businesses, gives us a wider understanding of individual business needs which is very essential for effective tax planning.
Our business-specific service offerings are as follows -
- Identification of tax exposures and planning
- Inbound investment advisory and entity set-up
- Direct tax advisory – income and wealth taxes
- On-line tax advisory and planning for positions to be adopted in the tax return
- Tax representation
- Statutory compliance support
- Tax diagnostic reviews
- Tax withholding health checks
Corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, investments, divestitures, restructurings and cash movements can create tax opportunities that many organisations overlook. To maximise the value, we provide cross-border technical expertise and advice from qualified transaction tax professionals to act quickly in identifying potential opportunities.
- Merger and acquisition advisory and solutions
- Designing the best tax structure, in compliance with the statutory regulations and tax planning
- Transaction structuring and management (including corporate re-organisation and financial structuring advisory)
- Transaction implementation assistance (including post-implementation assistance)
- Tax due diligence
- Transaction advisory including planning for achieving mergers, acquisitions corporate re-organisations
Our objective is to help businesses achieve global tax efficiency by minimising tax incidence and reducing tax and compliance costs in multiple jurisdictions.
Our International Tax services include:
- Advising on international tax matters arising from business operations and transactions
- International mergers and acquisitions services, including due diligence and post-merger integration
- Repatriation and foreign tax credit planning
- Supply chain implementation
- Assisting with international tax compliance and provisions
- Transfer pricing consulting
- Planning and implementation of tax efficient structures for cross-border investment and operations.
Tax litigation services
Tax litigation in India requires a comprehensive approach involving people with adequate understanding of tax laws and insightful handling of contentious issues. Our services in this area include:
- Advisory on litigation strategy
- Provide appropriate support on implementation of litigation strategies
- Preparation/drafting of appropriate technical submissions/appeals/ letters
- Advisory on the course of action pursuant to completion of income-tax (including transfer pricing) assessment/appellate proceedings
- Representation services before:
˗ tax authorities (including assessing officer, commissioner (Appeals) and dispute resolution panel)
˗ appellate tribunals
˗ Authority for Advance Rulings
˗ Settlement Commissioner
- Tax briefings and support to the external counsel in respect of representation before High Courts/Supreme Court